Bob Pileggi has officiated more than 200 weddings over 10 years, and now averages 40-50 ceremonies a year. He is committed to making this special moment in life a truly meaningful one through personal service and a custom ceremony that represents your life together.
As an Interfaith minister, Bob officiates ceremonies that honor all of life’s special moments and transitions: weddings, memorials and birth celebrations. Bob provides guidance for creating meaningful experiences that are custom-created, helping clients to truly appreciate the experience.
Bob brings to his work 20 years of work and volunteer experience with LGBT, HIV/AIDS and women’s civil rights organizing and public education at local and national organizations (Philadelphia’s LGBT community center, Lambda Legal, Miami’s Save Dade campaign, and California’s No On Knight/Prop 22 campaign, among others). Bob’s photography, which has focused on the LGBT civil rights movement, has been published in The New York Times, the Washington Post, the Advocate and many other periodicals and websites.
Bob is an experienced facilitator, having facilitated numerous classes, workshops, retreats, and public speaking engagements.
Bob is also a meditation teacher, spiritual director, and yoga instructor. He is currently enrolled in the Bryn Mawr College Master of Social Service program at the Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research, studying to become a psychotherapist.
Bob has trained and practiced for more than a decade to guide people through life’s challenges, transitions, and relationships. Bob helps people to find greater ease with life in the moment, to connect to inner wisdom and strength, and to connect authentically with others. Bob hopes we can be present to and appreciate all life experiences.
- Currently enrolled in the Bryn Mawr College Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research where he will obtain an MSS (MSW equivalent) May 2016.
- Ordained June 26, 2005 as an Interfaith Minister from One Spirit Interfaith Seminary’s two-year professional training program.
- Registered as a Marriage Officiant in the City of New York, NY (traditionally honored in other states)
- MBSR (Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction) Teaching Practicum & Internship (Jefferson University) and 10 years of mindfulness practices.
- Yoga teacher certification 200-hour level through Soul of Yoga.
- Affiliate Member: International Breathwork Training Alliance. 400 hour international certification training for Transformational Breathwork facilitation through The Power of Breath Institute.
- Previously: Director of Programs for Easton Mountain Retreat Center, Communications Coordinator for One Spirit Learning Alliance, Lambda Legal’s first Outreach Assistant for community organizing, William Way Community Center’s Assistant Director and second full-time employee.
- 20 years of dedication to service and social justice, employed and volunteering for civil rights and community-oriented non-profits
- Reiki Level I training, Therapeutic Touch Level I training
- B.A.S.I.C. (Body and Spirit Integrated Consciously) Massage certification from the Center for Human Integration
- Massage Therapy License in the state of Pennsylvania #005028
- Member of ABMP: Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals
- 12 years of experience leading guided meditations for individuals and groups
- 20 years of photographing sacred and unique moments; theater company promotional shots and performance running photos; fundraisers; civil rights demonstrations; and press conferences.
- Bachelor of Science, summa cum laude, Muhlenberg College (Allentown, PA). Majors: Psychology, Biology